Today I’m going I’m to be showing you all how I make my delicious Chicken Loaf. That’s right, I said what I said, Chicken Loaf, and it’s so good ya’ll! Now before you click off off this post, please hear me out. The name may throw you off but it’s just meatloaf made with ground chicken instead of beef. I make a mean turkey loaf too but we’ll go ahead and save that for another post.
Little by little I’ve been trying to cut out ground beef completely out of my diet. Not only is it unhealthy but there are definitely better tasting alternatives out there that still get the job done with less calories (ahem…ground chicken). I’ve cut so much out of my diet, it’s crazy! Some of the things I’ve cut out include bread, dairy, and sugary soda and if there’s anything I’ve learned so far on this journey it would be “just because it looks good doesn’t mean it’s healthy for you.” I’ve learned to handle my cravings better and always try to look for healthier alternatives whenever they do occur. For example, I have a huge sweet tooth and whenever I crave something sweet I always turn to either fruits or a rice cake. With the results I’m seeing my body is definitely thankful and if I could talk it would be like “Thank you Jazzy!” and I would reply back with ” You’re welcome body.” Anyways, let’s get into this recipe! This healthy twist on a classic will surely have your family and guest coming back for more.
Rate this recipe and let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs of ground chicken
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 2 tbsp of ranch seasoning (not the packets but the actual seasoning)
- 2 tbsp of pepper
- 2 tbsp of complete seasoning
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of onion powder
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1-2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp of worstershire sauce
- 2 cups of ketchup
- 3 tbsp of worstershire sauce
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Finely chop up your veggies to include your onion, peppers, and 5 cloves of garlic. You can either do this by hand or placing it in a food processor.
- In a bowl, mix together your chicken, seasonings, eggs, veggies, w sauce, bread (I used hawaiian bread by the way to add a bit off sweetness, but you can use any type of bread that you’d prefer) and ketchup. Make sure everything is nicely smoothed and well combined.
- Add your mixture into a meatloaf pan and place it into the oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about an hour.
- After an hour, take the meatloaf out and carefully drain out all of the fat.
- In a separate bowl combine your ketchup, brown sugar, and worstershire sauce together. Blend until no clumps are visible from the brown sugar.
- Dump the sauce all over the chicken Loaf and smooth to make sure it is coated easily.
- Turn the oven down to 325 degrees and place the chicken loaf back in there for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take the loaf out and it will be ready to be served.