Does anyone else get bored with eating plain rice? I know I do! I mean rice is the perfect side dish for any meal but sometimes it can be quite bland. With that being said, I came up with a delicious way to kick it up a notch. This recipe will surely take your white up to the next level! With every bite, comes a burst of flavor from both the veggies and seasoning. Give it a try! You’ll never look at rice the same again. The taste alone is a life changing experience!
Rate This Recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups of parboiled rice
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 to 4 tables spoons of chicken broth base
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of onion powder
- 2 tbsp of complete seasoning
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt
- Add about 2 tbsps of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter to your pan. We are going to use this to saute the veggies and rice.
- After adding your oil and butter ro the pan go ahead and chop up your vegetables into small pieces. To save time and because I don’t like large vegetable chunks in my rice, I used a food processor to get my veggies extra small and fine.
- Turn your oven on to medium-high and add your veggies and parboriled rice to the pan.
- Saute your rice and veggies together for about minutes or until nice and fragrant.
- Add in your seasonings and chicken broth base. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in your 4 cups of water and you want to make sure that everything is submerged so it will steam properly. Let is cook until bubbles start to form.
- Once everything comes to a boil, turn your temperature down to medium-low, place the lid on top of the pan and let it cook for about 25 minutes or until all the water evaporates.
- Lift the pan of and start fluffing out the rice to make all the seasoning is incorporated into the rice.
- All done! This dish