So the other day I had a taste for a salad and ended up coming up with this delicious concoction. As soon as I took that first bite I told myself ” Jazzy, YOU DID THAT GIRL!” That bite had me dancing and singing in my kitchen. It was like a musical explosion of different melodies inside my mouth. I know that sound dramatic, but oh my gosh, it was so good! As soon as you put that fork in your mouth you are instantly hit with all sorts of different flavors. You got flavors hitting you from perfectly seasoned chicken, to the zesty ginger sauce, to the natural flavor of the veggies. You just can’t go wrong with this recipe! For those of you looking to watch your waist line; let me tell you! That homemade ginger sauce is literally everything and you honestly don’t need much salad dressing.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Zesty Ginger Sauce:
- 4 Ginger (peeled and sliced into chunks)
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 6 pieces of thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 cups of Lettuce
- 1 cup of mixed cole slaw
- 1 medium thinly slice purple onion
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsps of Soy Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup of wonton salad toppers
- Cut your chicken breasts into thin slice and season well with your seasonings, soy or amino acid sauce and sesame oil.
- Add your seasoned chicken to a large pan,saute, let it simmer until fully cooked. Feel free to add additional oil to keep the chicken from sticking to the pan.
- Once your chicken has turned white and it fully cooked; take it out of the pan and place it on a plate to the side. We will be coming back to it later.
- In a blender or food processor, add your sliced ginger, onions, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce
- Blend until well combined; it the color should be a nice brown color and it should have a nice, thick, consistency so
- Once done, pour into your favorite container and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl add your Lettuce, tomatoes, thin onion slices, cucumbers, and cole salad.
- Add in your Seasame Ginger salad dressing and stir everything together.
- Get a large place and place your salad mixture on there.
- Top with chicken, wonton salad toppers, and about 3 tbps of the Ginger Sauce. Enjoy!
*Sidenote: To reduce your calorie intake, add a little less salad dressing and use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. As mentioned above, not much dressing is needed for this recipe. The sauce will be the star of the show while the salad dressing lays low in the background!