Whenever we think of self care, most of the time we think about taking care of the mind and soul. We’ll often find ourselves scouring through the internet trying to looking for feel good quotes that pertain to our situation or doing activities that bring us joy. What about the body though? I don’t mean indulging in junk food (but I mean if that’s what makes you feel good, DO YOU BOO BOO!), but eating wholesome meals that have some nutritional value. Mouthwatering meals that are delicious but HEALTHY at the same time. You know, meals that are good for the body and can potentially aid in weight loss. Those meals!
Alot of us are worried about weight gain due being quarantined at home all day. All that sitting at home watching TV and eating out of boredom can put some serious weight on you if you are not conscious what you eat. If you are anything like myself you aren’t going anywhere near a gym until this mess clears up. For me, it’s just simply not worth it! Now with that being said, what we are not going to do is use that as an excuse to not get fit and active! You don’t need to go to a gym to get a workout in, especially if you’re job has been affected by the pandemic and the funds are just not available right now. Not sure what to do? I highly recommend at home workouts! Whether you decide to squat away to get that booty you’ve always wanted or my personal fav, dance along with workout videos on YouTube, as long as it gets yo’ behind off the couch and you’re sweating those calories away that’s all that matters!
Today we are going to do things a bit differently. Instead of motivational posts (don’t worry, there will definitely more of those to come), we are going to shake things up a bit with this heart healthy recipe. If you like egg rolls, then you will absolutely love this dish! Filled with colorful veggies, succulent shrimp, and delicious ground chicken…this dish is sure to put a smile on your face! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
1 lb of ground chicken
1/2 a bag of cole slaw
1 tbsp of seasame oil
1 tbsp. of minced garlic
About 10 to 15 pieces of precooked and thawed large shrimp (or more if you love shrimp like I do!)
Rice (Brown Rice if you want to make it extra healthy)
1 chopped onions
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Sweet Chili Thai Sauce
Lets Get Started!
- Add the sesame oil to your pan along with the chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken to your pan and cook everything until the meat is brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Add your cole slaw to the pan along with the seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce) Let the veggies cook down for about 5 minutes.
- Add in your shrimp and let that cook for another 5 minutes (feel free to add in a little bit more soy sauce and oyster sauce just to give it more flavor)
- Get a plate out, add your rice, top it off with the egg roll mixture onto along with your favorite sauce (I prefer the Sweet Thai Chili Sauce)
- ENJOY! 🙂