*Note: I did not include shrimp but definitely feel free to add it
I came up with this recipe because I wanted to try something different. Why have boring spaghetti with meat sauce when you can jazz it up and turn it into this flavorful dish? This recipe is easy to make and pairs well with garlic bread. With a blend of colorful veggies, yummy sausage, and tender chicken, as soon as you take a bite your taste buds will be dancing like it’s a fun day at Mardi Gras! Go ahead and give this recipe a try, I bet you won’t be able to take just one bite!
- Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 1lb of diced chicken
- Cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2tsp of minced garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/3 a cup of heavy cream
- cornstarch water (2 tbsp of cornstarch with 4 tbsp of water)
- Seasoning Salt
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- No Salt Cajun Season (Try Tony’s)
* Measurements are not included because I want you to season it to your own taste 😊
- Add some vegetable oil to your pan along with the sausage and chicken, add all of the seasonings listed above and cook until chicken no longer pink. Once done, take it out of the pan and place it to the side in a bowl.
- Add some vegetable oil to your pan and saute your veggies until soft. Once done, take them out and put them to the side along with your chicken and sausage.
- In a large pan, add the meat and veggies, along with your chicken broth and rotel. To give the “sauce” flavor, add bit of extra cajun seasoning, seasoning salt, and pepper. Boil for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add in the heavy along with the cornstarch water. Cook for another 10-15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Once the sauce thickens, add in your cooked noodles along with some extra cajun seasoning.
- All done! Serve this dish with some garlic bread and you are good to go!