🍃Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year! I look forward to the weather, smells, cute sweaters and soups….LOTS OF SOUPS!! Today I will be showing you all how to make Ham and Cheddar Chowder. This dish is perfect for a breezy fall day and will make your home smell absolutely delightful!🍃
- 1 bag of mixed veggies with peas and carrots
- 1 can of corn
- 7-8 red potatoes
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning
- 1 32 oz box of chicken broth
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp’s of cornstarch mixed with water
- 1 bag of diced ham
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 pieces of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- seasoning salt
- Ms. Dash Garlic Seasoning
( Measurements are not included for the seasonings because I want you to season to your taste 😊)
- In a large pot add olive oil, diced ham, garlic, and diced onions. Season everything with a little bit of salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add your vegetables to the pot to include: (diced potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots) along with the ranch packet and all the seasonings (including the bay leaves) listed above. After adding your veggies and seasonings, cover with the chicken broth and cook for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add in your 1 cup of heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and cornstarch. Cook for 10 more minutes or until the soup has thickened.
- Once the soup has thickened, take the bay leaves out and start loading your bowls with this delicious soup. Garnish with bacon pieces.
- ALL DONE!